The under development page at worldofwarcraft.com has been updated to reflect the path of patches that will be released for cataclysm.
Patch 4.0.1: Cataclysm Systems
As the Cataclysm draws ever closer, patch 4.0.1 will pave the way for the transition into the latest expansion. Players will gain access to a host of new systems features.
- Classes: revamped talent trees, updated hunter pet system, new druid, hunter, paladin, and warlock resources, new Mastery stat
- User Interface: improved Spellbook, new Guild display options, updated PvP interface, expanded and enhanced Professions tab
- Systems: glyph updates including all-new Prime glyphs, new Reforging ability to customize item stats, new PvP and PvE currency system
- And much more!
- Read the 4.0.1 public test realm patch notes here.
Patch 4.0.3: The Shattering
Shortly before Cataclysm launches, Azeroth as you know it will be changed forever. Patch 4.0.3 will bring with it cataclysmic changes to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will be able to find new and exciting sights to see and quests to do in the level 1-60 zones, all-new troll and gnome introductory experiences, redesigned capital cities, new race/class combinations, and more!
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
The third major World of Warcraft expansion, Cataclysm, is now deep in development. We continue to release previews of some of the major gameplay and content features in store for players on our forums and the official Cataclysm website.
- Check out our Features page for details on several of the major expansion features.
- You can find an assortment of gameplay and systems changes on our Cataclysm forum. To see our development plans for each World of Warcraft class, item stat and systems changes, updated dispel mechanics, rage normalization, and our all-new Mastery system preview, visit our forum compendium here.
Also check out the side bar under worldofraids news as there is an update to the currency conversion that will take place with the release of patch 4.0.1. Seems to be mostly good news unless you were going to go way over the soft cap and rely on gold conversion.